Tuesday, May 26, 2009

CHAPTER 7 ENTRY

OK. So it is the last class and I've noticed that no one is reading by entries. So I've decided to truncate them down a bit. Also, this is the last class!!! Woo hoo!!! and I'm ready to be done.

Chapter Seven was all about Flickr and since I just completed my H.A.T. lesson plan using Flickr I'm feeling pretty comfortable with this tool right now. Did you know "Flickr members self-police the 1-2 million photos that are uploaded daily, and content filters keep the most troublesome photos at bay." (pp 100) Pretty cool, huh. That is a staggering amount of pictures! Richardson also tells us that "The vast majority of the photos on the site are appropriate for all, and there are some absolutely wonderful photos on just about any topic that you can find there." Being that Richardson is SO pro-technology I'm going to hesitate on "the vast majority" part and probably only use Flickr as a personal search tool. I will allow students to view my photos and each others, but I don't think I would want to set them loose on a Flickr photo search.

I like the idea of setting my photos to only invited friends and family because I was a photojournalist for eyars and I shot a ot of work I'd like to sell one day. I really don't like putting too much work out that may be copied for free. Of course, with all that is available out there I guess the odds are slim that someone would want to steal my work, but still, I like to think I'm at least trying to protect valuable work.

I sort of use a version of "Fliction" in my lesson plan. This is when "students pick a random photo from Flickr and write a story about it. (pp.107)

No comments:

Post a Comment