- "Middlebury College professor Barbara Ganley, who uses Weblogs extensively in her courses, asks, "How can a teacher expect her students to blog (or to use other tool, strategy, or technique) if she doesn't use it herself, exploring the impact it has on her thinking, writing research and creativity?" (Ganley, 2004b)." (pp43)
--My students will have grown-up in this technological age. I did not. I have fear. I will have to overcome it. I doubt I will ever be comfortable with posting any sort of personal information on the Web. Just including my name always makes me feel uneasy.
- "I would start small." (pp45) ------YES!
- "The more documentation and backup you have from students, parents, and administrators in terms of clarifying the use of the tool the better. Bud Hunt, an educational technologist in Colorado ....a great resource for documents of this type...(http://tinyurl.com/5y919n)."
--I plan on checking this site out. I definitely think CYA is the best policy. CYA= Cover Your Ass for anyone that doesn't already know.
- "If students will have access to the sites, you may want to send a note home informing parents that this is the case. If you plan to take the sites down at the end of the year, give students a chance to save their work or perhaps transfer it to another service of possible."
--I had not even thought about this. I'd think it would be best to take the site down at the end of the class. If the students continued to use a site I created, or assigned them to begin contributing to what would my liability be if they continued after the class without my monitoring?
No comments:
Post a Comment