Thursday, May 21, 2009

CHAPTER 5 ENTRY

Ugh "(which we will get to later)" frustrates the heck out of me. I don't know about you guys but it always bothers me when a teacher does this. It is even more irritating in a book. I'd rather he wrote something like: (which we get to on page .... if you want to read ahead, but for now...).

This RSS sounds interesting, but really who has time for this? I already delete practically everything the NCTE emails me because my time is spread so thin. Unless it pertains to what I need at the moment I need it, I'm not going to take the time to read through it. I'm thinking this is a tool I will appreciate more a few years into my career when I don't always feel so rushed for time. I see how in the long haul it could be beneficial and even a time saver, but when it comes to immediate results I'm not sure. I guess since I've never used this it is difficult for me to imagine.

Richardson even says, "Don't be surprised if at first you think RSS is adding to your information overload instead of easing it." (73) Then he tells us we will soon "begin to understand why pretty soon RSS will be a household tool..." (73) I don't know I'm a little leery
of this one.

I guess one rainy day when I have the time to spare I may set one of these up. I suppose the worst that could happen is I would hate it and decide not to use it anymore. There really is nothing to loose and it does seem to have some potential for helping to stay on top of the most recent information.

No comments:

Post a Comment